CWC PCN Patient Connect: Introducing simple, secure digital care
May 1, 2019
Senior Services and the Social Workers at the Primary Care Centre can now offer patients the choice of meeting in person or online using our new digital health platform, CWC PCN Patient Connect.
CWC PCN Patient Connect supports secure video appointments and instant messaging to provide patients, caregivers and guardians the option of seeing their PCN team member remotely on any device.
Patient Connect does not replace home visits or in-clinic appointments and will only be used when the patient and team member agree it is the best choice.
This is the first phase in the introduction of our digital health option to increase access to care for patients. It will be evaluated throughout the launch to support ongoing improvement and incorporate feedback from physicians, patients and team members.
Privacy and support
- The digital platform is powered by OnCall Health and meets all Canadian privacy and security requirements.
- OnCall provides numerous sources of technical assistance to users, 24/7 in English or French.
- There are minimal technological requirements:
- A laptop, computer or mobile device with a camera and microphone
- Internet connection of at least 5MB/s
A new Patient Connect FAQ is available to answer your questions about the digital health platform and provide more information.
Return to News