Privacy Breach ReportingReturn to Calendar
End: October 22, 2019 , 12:45 PM
The CWC PCN has partnered with our Privacy Consultant, Ingrid M. Ruys, to offer you an opportunity to participate in a lunchtime webinar reviewing the amendment of mandatory notice reporting within the Health Information Act (HIA).
Learning objectives are:
- Define a Privacy Breach and Incident and explain when notification is not required
- Review the Custodian’s role to secure and protect patient information stated under the HIA
- Provide steps you can take for mitigating privacy risks
- Identify where mandatory notification is submitted and what information to include
- Provide scenario examples about privacy breaches and incidents
Ingrid M. Ruys, CWC PCN Privacy Consultant, President / Owner of “PrivacyCan” and RJK General Services Ltd.
- Ingrid Ruys holds Masters Designations in Privacy and Access, Canadian and US Privacy Certifications, as well as Chartered Professional Coach. With a background in the legal field, primarily working in Court of Queens Bench and Criminal Court, Ingrid shifted to FOIP, working in Education and Municipal Affairs when FOIP was introduced. When HIA was enacted, Ingrid went to the Medical Arena (background in Kinesiology helps). Ingrid was the Chief Privacy Officer for POSP (Physician Office System Program), eHealth (Netcare) with over 30 years experience in the privacy and security domain and has written over 3,000 (accepted) PIAs. Ingrid brings a diverse experience in the legal, privacy and security arena.
Last Modified: October 3, 2019