CBT Tools courseReturn to Calendar
End: February 27, 2021 , 2:00 PM
Only 36 spots available: First-come, first-served!
A $1,495 course at no cost to members.
Learn to integrate dozens of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) tools into routine appointments with patients to make your work easier.
CBT Tools is a two-day, online course that will equip you with 52 tools to change patients' unhealthy beliefs and increase compliance. You will see step-by-step demonstrations of how to incorporate each tool into a routine 10-minute medical appointment. Presenter Dr. Greg Dubord and associates will explain key features and coach you as you practice with other participants in Zoom breakout rooms.
This nine-hour workshop has been certified for three-credits-per-hour by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for 27 Mainpro+ credits. The 3:1 credit-per-hour ratio adds extra value, letting you earn credits three times as fast as one-credit-per-hour CMEs.
The workshop emphasizes practical assessment tools, compliance enhancers, and change-oriented charting. The focus is on strategic interventions integrated into routine appointments.
About one-third of primary care appointments are primarily psychiatric, and most others can benefit from some psychology to optimize outcomes. Participate in this workshop, and you will learn CBT techniques to make your work with patients easier.
- Discover the incredible utility of persuasion tools in medicine
- Gain comfort with the most versatile tools for your practice
- Implement the appropriate tool(s) in a given situation
- Use newly acquired tools under direct supervision
- Formulate more effective ways to motivate patients
- Recognize and address "empathy addiction"
- Learn more effective ways to get the patient “on side”
- Discover how to non-negotiably orient patients toward action
- Recognize ways to harness strong complaining for change
- Learn to overcome many vexing blocks to compliance
Limited space: 36 spots
Date: Friday, Feb. 26, 2021, and Saturday, Feb. 27, 2021, (or in January on Friday, Jan. 29, 2021, and Saturday, Jan. 30, 2021)
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sessions start at 8:30 a.m.
- Break (15 minutes) from 10 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- Lunch (45 minutes) from 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Sessions end at 2 p.m.
Presenter Dr. Greg Dubord
Dr. Greg Dubord is the CPD Director of CBT Canada and the Director of the Fellowship in Medical CBT. Under Dr. Dubord’s leadership, CBT Canada won the National CME Program Award of the College of Family Physicians of Canada for the Certificate in Medical CBT.
He has taught at the University of Toronto’s Department of Psychiatry for nearly 25 years. He regularly gives workshops for nine other Canadian medical schools. He has provided medical CBT workshops at every Family Medicine Forum since it began in 2000.
Dr. Dubord completed his orthodox CBT training under CBT’s founder, Dr. Aaron T. Beck, and was the first Canadian Fellow of the Beck Institute. In the late 1990s the Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (now the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health) recruited Dr. Dubord to establish the Advanced CBT Institute.
Last Modified: November 25, 2020