A Clinical Approach to Obtaining Managing Glycemic Control CME – April 11 March 20, 2019
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Banff workshop – July 8 -10 March 11, 2019
CBT Banff will be held Monday, July 8 to Wednesday, July 10 at the beautiful Rimrock Resort. Workshop hours are 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. leaving you free during afternoons and evenings to explore Banff townsite and Banff National Park.
The CME is the acclaimed "triple strength" CBT for Anxiety module - you'll earn 36.0 Mainpro+ credits from just 12.0 workshop hours. Join us and learn a marvellous set of ultra-brief techniques to help patients overcome shyness, worry, panic and other common anxiety disorders.
Family Physicians and CancerControl: Strengthening Linkages Workshop – Accredited Apr. 13 February 28, 2019
Alberta Health Services CancerControl is pleased to announce the ninth Family Physicians and CancerControl: Strengthening Linkages Workshop held on Saturday, April 13.
- Acquire and translate information and updates to better navigate the cancer system.
- Support and participate in the improvement of integration of care through dialogue, networking, and teamwork.
- Recognize and explain services and programs enhancing patient-centred care.
Advances in Dermatology – Healthcare Professionals Symposium Ltd. Mar. 9 February 12, 2019
Knowledge Transfer to Action: A Multi-Therapeutic Symposium – Accredited Group Learning Mar. 2 February 12, 2019
- Many More Faces of T2DM-A Case-Based Collaborative Approach for Healthcare Practitioners
Dr. Buki Ajala, MD FRCPC | Endocrinology, LMC Calgary
- TIME- When and How to Intensify Anti-hyperglycemic Therapy in Type 2 Diabetes
Dr. Louis Girard, MD, MBT, FRCP(C) | Nephrologist, Division of Nephrology, Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Calgary
- Target: Targeting Asthma Control to Augment Patient Outcomes
Dr. Bao Dang, MD, FRCP, FCCP | Internal Medicine/Respirology
- HPV & Vaccination: Translating Knowledge into Action
Dr. Brain Hauck M.D, FRCPC, OBGYN | Colposcopist, Foothills Hospital
Safer Opioid Prescribing Workshop – Accredited Group Learning Apr. 6 February 7, 2019
The CWC PCN is partnering with Saegis, a subsidiary of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA), to host a workshop on safer opioid prescribing on Saturday, April 6, at the CWC PCN Main Office.
Click here for event details and how to register
Calgary Zone Primary Care Accredited Eating Disorder CME – Feb. 7 January 8, 2019
Identifying and Treating Opioid Use Disorder in Primary Care Workshop – Accredited Group Learning Feb. 8 or 9 January 2, 2019
For all family physicians and clinic teams, after this free workshop, you can immediately apply the following in your practice:
- Identify patients with, or at risk of Opioid Use Disorder (OUD)
- Engage in a conversation with your patients about OUD and treatment options
- Initiate Opioid Agonist Therapy (OAT) like buprenorphine/naloxone (and know what to do if/when it goes wrong)
- Prepare for and respond to relapse
43rd Annual Family Practice Review and Update Course: Pearls for Practice - Accredited Group Learning Nov. 19 - 22 October 4, 2018
This program provides an updated focus on information pearls pertinent to practice in primary care. Topics covered include a wide variety of the diagnoses typically seen in both urban and rural settings.
- Apply current knowledge and evidence-based management for optimal patient outcomes, both in urban settings with access to specialists and in rural settings where services and resources may be limited
- Facilitate the exchange of information and develop informal networks with other healthcare providers
- Identify new services and clinical resources for patients