Calgary and area locum job boards
- Alberta Medical Association
- Doctor Jobs Alberta (AHS)
- Calgary Zone Department of Family Medicine (AHS)
- University of Alberta
Hart Family Medical seeks locum March 31, 2021
Hart Family Medical, Calgary, seeking locum coverage for maternity leave in May and June 2021.
Length of term negotiable. Ideally would cover two days per week (Tues/Fri) for established general family practice patient panel.
Opportunities to participate in IUD clinic and Shared Mental Health Care, however not mandatory.
Clinic is a member of the Calgary West Central PCN with access to additional resources.
Please contact us for more information.
The Alex - Seniors Health Centre: Locum/part-time opportunity March 18, 2021
Primary Care Physician – Ref. No. 21032
Seniors Health Centre
The Alex: Changing Health. Changing Lives. The Alex Community Health Centre is a not-for-profit organization that is changing how we look at health care in Calgary. Our health, housing and food programs support our most vulnerable neighbours, tackling tough health and social issues head-on. Using a multi-disciplinary team approach, we focus care on assessment, intervention and promotion of all aspects of health. We embrace a model of health care that is accessible, responsive and participatory. In addition to the Family Health Centre, we run a Seniors Health Centre, a Youth Centre, two Mobile Community Health Buses, one Dental Health Bus, four Housing First Programs, and a Community Food Centre.
What we do and why we do it:
Many seniors experience social isolation, barriers to transportation, and lack of support networks, resulting in a very vulnerable population. Our Seniors Health Centre increases the well-being and quality of life of seniors by providing quality, one-on-one, comprehensive care. This multidisciplinary team ensures the client receives timely services, appropriate referrals and the delivery of seamless care. Special attention focuses on reducing accessibility barriers and focusing more on a comprehensive wraparound approach to service delivery. A model of care that addresses the social, health, and financial needs with particular attention towards building wellness and quality of life.
Primary Care Physicians at The Alex Seniors Health Centre provide walk-in and appointment-based family practice in a non-judgmental, holistic, and opportunistic manner. Physicians are required to understand the social determinants of health as they pertain to this vulnerable and underserved population. Appointments are 30-60 minutes long as physicians are remunerated through an Alternate Relationship Plan with Alberta Health Services. This is a locum position from July 2021 – August 2021.
What you will do:
- Full scope family practice in clients aged 60 and over
- Special skill sets are encouraged and preferred (i.e. transgender medicine, procedures, opiate agonist therapy, emergency/urgent care, mental health, etc.)
- Work effectively and collaboratively with nurses, mental health providers, and client resource specialists
- Flexibility in regard to patient scheduling for same-day, walk-in appointments (there are frequent no shows and cancellations of scheduled appointments)
- Respond to acute concerns as appropriate for a family physician in an outpatient setting (i.e. irregular behaviour, drug overdoses, active suicidality)
- Feel comfortable in completing a Form 1, as required
- Complete shadow billing for the ARP
- Attend primary care provider meetings once every three months in the evening
- Assist with data collection and entry as required
What you will bring:
- Good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- 2+ years of experience working with Seniors with complex medical needs and vulnerable populations.
- A passion for advocating and building relationships with Seniors
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate must be willing to have a Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check completed
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Knowledge of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People (UNDRIP) and the Truth and Reconciliation Commissions (TRC) 94 Calls to Action is an asset
How to apply:
If you are as passionate as we are about making a difference in people’s lives, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include the job title and reference number in the subject line. This job will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
For further information about The Alex and its programs, we encourage you to visit our website at thealex.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shifa Medical Clinic: Locum for maternity leave March 15, 2021
Urgently looking for locum coverage for a maternity leave starting May 2021 to Oct 2021.
- Offering a good working split and a professional environment.
- Supports to practice include PCN coverage with additional resources.
Please contact email@example.com.
Calgary West Medical Centre seeks locum December 18, 2020
Dr. Jennifer Kavalinas is looking for a part-time family medicine locum to cover her practice for her upcoming maternity leave. She is looking to be off from the last week of January 2021 to the first week of November 2021.
- Her practice is at Calgary West Medical Centre (southwest Calgary near Westbrook Mall) and they are a group practice of six collegial physicians (two males, four females — with a wide range of practice experience to draw on when needed).
- 70:30 split
- General family practice with a bit more mental health and more OB to about 20 weeks
- Need coverage for approximately four - five half days per week (two full days if preferred). Timing of this is flexible in the clinic and total time/days can be adjusted based on patient need/your desired patient volume per half day. Likely for at least the first few months two half days could be done remotely as virtual only with phone/video.
- Part of Calgary West Central PCN — we have a PCN chronic disease nurse/certified diabetes educator and behavioural health consultant
- Two full-time MOAs and two part-time MOAs
- They are an appointment-only clinic — no walk-in. We try to accommodate a few same-day appointments for last minute concerns.
- Wolf EMR
If you have any interest and availability please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cornerstone Medical Centre seeks locum September 24, 2020
We are an extremely busy, well-established medical (family practice) clinic situated inside the Westbrook Mall in S.W. Calgary. We are just minutes from the downtown core.
Our family practice is based on both walk-ins and appointments. We see around 120 - 140 patients per day with three family physicians.
We are under the Calgary West Centre PCN with a private psychologist. Other services that we offer are physiotherapy, acupuncture and massage therapy.
At this point, we are looking for a locum for around three to six months.
The interested candidate would walk into a turnkey situation where he/she would see around 40 patients daily from the start. He/she would be presented with a panel of at least 3,000 patient accounts.
We would prefer a male locum; however, we would give equal opportunity to all.
The working hours will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. five days (Monday to Friday) a week with approximately 10 - 15 walk-ins per day. If the candidate is comfortable about and so prefers, then Saturdays and/or Sundays, too, could be factored in as workdays.
- 403.975.7015 (Paul David Administrator)
- 403.400.4674 (Dr. David Salomy)
- 403.264.1895 (Cornerstone Medical Centre)