The CWC PCN is pleased to offer over-the-phone translation services to all physicians and patient care team members.
Provided by Alberta Health Services (AHS), through a contract with LanguageLine Solutions, the service offers dependable access to highly-trained professional linguists 24 hours a day, seven days a week in over 240 languages.
To access an interpreter, you will need your CWC PCN client ID and a unique secondary code for each clinic in which you work. To obtain your secondary code(s), you must contact your Physician Liaison. Access must be requested by physician members only.
Instructions for accessing translation services
- Dial 1.866.874.3972
- Provide the following information via the automated attendant:
- Six-digit client ID: 277749
- Language Preference:
- "1" for Spanish
- "2" for everything else, then specify the language needed.
- Enter the secondary code provided by your Physician Liaison.
- Company name (if asked): Calgary West Central PCN
- Once an Interpreter is connected to the call, add your patient to the line.
- Record the following information in the patient chart:
- Date and time
- Language spoken
- Interpreter’s name and ID number
- Phone number dialled
- Client ID number
Quality and Confidentiality Guarantee
In keeping with AHS’s confidentiality requirements, calls are not recorded. LanguageLine adheres to the highest standards for testing and training interpreters and their documented process conforms to the standards for interpretation vendors in Alberta.
- Calgary Counselling Centre pilot
- Panel Support Program
- Patient Medical Home teams
- Membership Model
- Member Discount Programs
- Member Resources
- PAN PCN Programs
- Patient Medical Home
- Practice Support
- Contact Us