Occupational Health and Safety
The CWC PCN is committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment for all of our employees, contractors, patients and visitors. There is also a shared responsibility between the PCN and member clinics to ensure a suitable work environment for colocated personnel. To minimize the occurrence of workplace incidents, injuries and illnesses, we have instituted an occupational health and safety management system and offer the following resources to assist our members and their clinics.
OHS Resource LIst
- An OHS management system should be developed and maintained to prevent and reduce the occurrence of workplace incidents, injuries and illnesses. Below are suggested OHS topics that you may want to build procedures for as part of your OHS management system:
- Handling medical emergencies outside of the clinic.
- Managing hostile patients in the clinic and de-escalating potentially violent situations.
- Reporting, investigating and debriefing after incidents/accidents/near misses, and whistleblowing.
- Preventing harassment and violence.
- Emergencies and evacuations.
- Hazard identification, assessment and control.
- Work site inspections.
- Staff education, orientation and training.
- Managing the health and safety management system, including appointing a health and safety representative or creating a joint workplace health and safety committee as per legislative requirements for your workplace.
- Alberta Human Rights information | Contact Centre 403.297.6567
- Alberta Employment Standards information | Contact Centre 1.877.427.3731
- Alberta Occupational Health and Safety information | Contact Centre 1.866.415.8690
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) for Clinical Office Practice
- Spill Clean-Up Instructions and Supplies
- AMA Guide for Management of Biomedical Waste
CWC PCN’s Blood and Body Fluid Exposure (BBFE) protocol
Back Health Information
De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations (Video)
- Calgary Counselling Centre pilot
- Membership Model
- Member Discount Programs
- Member Resources
- PAN PCN Programs
- Patient Care Teams
- Patient Medical Home
- Practice Support
- Contact Us