Help shape the future of your Board and PCN.
Join us for the first-ever virtual AGM of the CWC P.G. CO. on Tuesday, Jan. 26 and help elect three members to the Board of Directors.
You will help to determine who joins the Board and represents all members in its discussions and decisions. Whether you choose to run or vote, you are vital to your PCN’s governance.
There are three openings on the Board for three-year terms.
Participation is easy:
- Sign up for the event online by 6 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 25
- Nominate yourself or a colleague by 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 15 using the nominee form
- Attend the virtual AGM from anywhere you choose at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 26
Learn more about the candidates for the Board on the Nominations page.
You will also vote on a Special Resolution, clarifying the Membership & External Relations Committee’s role in the candidate nomination process.
Special Resolutions change bylaws and the Articles of Association and must be passed by 75 per cent of votes cast. More information on the proposed Special Resolution is in the Special Resolution motion and briefing.
After the end of official business, you are invited to stay online for a 30-minute information session on a topic being finalized — details to come.
- Live virtual meeting
- Date: Tuesday, Jan. 26
- AGM: 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Information session: 7:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
RSVP by 6 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 25
If you are unable to attend, make sure your vote still counts:
- Designate another member to vote on your behalf by submitting a proxy via the registration page
- Inform your designated representative of your choice
- Consult the online proxy process if you need more information
Your representative will be able to submit the additional ballots electronically during the AGM.
We rescheduled the 2020 AGM and moved it online for safety during the pandemic.
We are hosting the AGM in partnership with a company specializing in virtual AGMs to ensure security and accessibility. Service Alberta has approved a virtual AGM for our organization.
The virtual hosting platform:
- Ensures online voting is secure, confidential, and anonymous
- Tabulates voting results automatically and efficiently
- Supports a Q&A function for your questions during the AGM
We encourage members to submit questions to the Board@cwcpcn.com ahead of time. If we are unable to answer a question during the AGM, we will answer it by email afterward.
Bandwidth requirements limit the speakers at the AGM to the Board Chair, Treasurer, Executive Director, and the Auditor.
We will record the AGM and share it on the Examiner after the event.
Notice of Meeting
The Notice of Meeting letter from the Board Chair, Dr. Nicola Chappell, and the financial and governance documents are in the Notice of Meeting package.
The Notice of Meeting package contains the:
- Notice of Meeting letter
- Nominee form
- Proxy instructions
- Audited Financial Statements for 2019-20
- Special Resolution motion and briefing
- Minutes from the 2019 AGM